Your Hearing Network (YHN) is a rapidly growing national network of independent hearing care professionals that gives your practice the competitive advantage to thrive in today’s evolving hearing care marketplace.
Among the various services YHN offers is Your TeleHearing Care. This solution provides you with everything you need to set up an effective tele-hearing care program – from training to implementation of necessary equipment. Read on to learn more about this service!
YHN Turnkey Implementation and Training Services
This includes the design, order, and installation of only the equipment you need. Training on implementation is provided at the clinic’s location for basic patient In-home service appointments or deluxe set up for patient in-office. This includes a provider at a remote location that can provide full testing, new hearing aid orders, new hearing aid fittings, and more to a patientat a distant clinic site.
Best Practices listed below can be implemented:
- Tympanometry & Acoustic Reflexes
- Full Audiometric Testing with Insert or Circum-aural Headphones
- Bone Conduction Testing
- Calibrated Speech Testing
- Ear Impressions
- Hearing Aid Fittings
- Verification via REM or Speech Mapping
- Programming and Instrument adjustments
- Tinnitus Testing/Re-Training
- Vestibular Testing
- Cochlear Implant Programming
- Everything except ear wax removal can be accomplished.
YHN Implementation Services Includes:
60-days or less to go live
- Collaborative Needs Assessment
- HIPAA/Regulatory Compliance Confirmation and Consent
- Room/Office Workflow & Logistics
- Equipment Ordering Process Management
- Installation Process Management
- Onsite Facilitator Training
- Onsite Remote Provider Training
- Protocols and Training Manuals
- Job Descriptions for Recruiting
- Continued Support
Equipment Needs Where Patient and Facilitator are Located
- Sound Treated or Quiet Room: Ambient noise level must not exceed acceptable levels.
- High Speed Internet: Minimum requirement for high speed internet is Ping (<50ms), Download (>/= 20Mbps), Upload (>/= 3Mbps).
- USB Hub: Provides more USB connection capability for ancillary USB items, such as multiple hearing aid programming systems to be installed for use at one time.
- Electrical Surge Protector Power Strip(s): Provides more electric outlets for the multiple electronic equipment pieces and protects against electrical surges.
- Audio-Video Conferencing Platform: A HIPAA-compliant integrated video communications service using a cloud computing platform for video and audio conferencing.
- Video Conference Webcam(s): USB plug-and-play camera and speakerphone with remote control for volume and zoom features while displaying a high-definition image on the presenter’s monitor.
- Additional Booth Microphone: Pending audiometer being used.
- Facilitator Headset: To communicate directly with remote provider.
- Dual Display Monitors: Preferably 22 – 24”. One for displaying provider’s image and one for conducting the testing. Display/screen mount bracket type depends on office layout.
- Dedicated Desktop Computer: Ideal 8.0 GB memory with i5 Core processor.
- Windows 10 Operating System: Compatible with all PC-Based equipment software requirements.
- Possible Talk-Forward Converter: Interface to allow Talk Back functionality during hearing tests under headphones.
- Keyboard and Mouse: Wireless preferred.
- PC-Based Testing Equipment as Needed: Audiometer, video otoscope, immittance bridge, REM/LSM, HIT box, etc.
- Display at Clinic Discretion: Custom-designed cabinet, table-top, and booth.
Equipment Needs Where Remote Provider is Located
- Quiet, Well-Lit Room: Ambient noise level not to exceed acceptable levels. Natural light is best, however, can use desk lamps and overhead lights.
- Professional Background: Non-cluttered, diplomas on the wall behind provider, no distracting pictures, etc.
- Professional Appearance: White lab-coat preferred, bright shirt underneath, no distracting jewelry, etc.
- High Speed Internet: Minimum requirement for high speed internet is Ping @ <50ms, Download @ >/= 20Mbps, Upload @ >/= 3Mbps.
- Audio-Video Conferencing Platform (same as Presenting Site): A HIPAA-secure integrated video communications service using a cloud computing platform for video and audio conferencing required for conducting synchronous telehealth services.
- Additional Monitor: Preferably 22 – 24”. Allows for better visibility of audiometer controls. Display/screen mount bracket type depends on office layout.
- Laptop: Ideal 8.0 GB memory with i5 Core processor. Must have high-quality webcam.
- System Requirements: Windows 10 operating system.
- Teleconferencing Equipment: USB headset with boom mic.
- Optional Equipment: Wireless mouse and spotlight.
For more information on Your TeleHearing Care, get in touch with YHN today! Click the button below request more details.
About the Author
Suzanne Younker, Au.D., CCC-A, FAA - Director of TeleHealth at Your Hearing Network
Dr. Younker is a 30-year audiologist with extensive experience in Quality Assurance, Customer Service, and Operations in the corporate environment. In the past 7-years, Dr. Younker has devoted her career to cultivating full service TeleHealth/TeleAudiology methods in the hearing healthcare industry including research, education, protocol development, implantation management, provider and facilitator training, and patient engagement and acceptance techniques. Currently, Dr. Younker is the Director of TeleHealth for Your Hearing Network, leading a team with a turnkey solution for a modern method of healthcare towards a successful outcome for your practice.