How do I clean my audiology equipment?
Hearing and balance equipment is a significant investment. Maintaining its longevity and upholding proper disinfection for your patient is crucial. Fortunately, following these simple tips ensures your equipment's durability and cleanliness.
- Disconnect equipment from power before cleaning to avoid harm to you and your equipment. Make sure your equipment is completely dry before powering it back on.
- Be conservative with cleaning products; one spray or a small dab on a cloth wipe should suffice.
- Clean earphone cushions and patient switches between each appointment without overdoing it.
- Remove cushions when cleaning, ensuring they are completely dry before reattachment to prevent speaker damage.
- Consider using disposable headphone covers to extend the longevity of your headphones.
Avoid Alcohol-Based Cleaners:
- Excessive use of alcohol-based solutions can damage equipment made of high-quality plastics.
- Use alternatives such as warm water with dish soap or alcohol-free cleaners, which are effective and safe for your equipment.
Explore our range of alcohol-free cleaning products and other infection-control items.
How do I maintain and clean my hearing test booth?
Proper maintenance of your audiometric booth is essential for preserving its longevity. Here are some simple tips to follow:
- After hearing tests, close the sound booth doors to reduce wear and tear on the hinges.
- Use alcohol-based solutions to wipe down surfaces.
- If you must clean the sound booth walls, use only a damp cloth, as excessive moisture can damage the perforated surfaces.
Bonus tip: closing the audiometric booth's doors also ensures proper ventilation.
Follow these tips to clean your hearing and balance equipment safely after each appointment. For more information on equipment care, contact your local e3 office or the manufacturer for proper instructions on prolonging its lifespan.
Find Local Office
Other Good Reads:
Maintaining Your Audiometer for Better Care
Follow us on Social!
If you haven't already, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to keep up-to-date with our latest resources and product information.